Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting Ready

I finished the bumper pads this week and found a STEAL of a deal on a mobile (I was going to make one because I refused to pay upwards of $40 - then I found this gem. Thank you Marshalls). The paisley center fabric is my favorite, but by the time I bought it there was only a half yard left. (and i had to fight an old lady for it) boo. so I'm using it in large pieces and sparingly. Does it need something else? I've debated putting an applique of some sorts in the center- any opinions?

Here's a little larger pic of the fabrics in the window valance. {The same pattern as bumper/skirt} I was a little bummed you can't see the box pleats all that well, but what are you gonna do? I am now a huge fan of fabric covered buttons.
and, just in case:
I limited myself to buying one "boy" and one "girl" outfit. Which proved to be very difficult. The girl's because there are SO many adorable choices, the boys because of the lack thereof.
We now have our carseat and diapers- so legume, whenever you're ready. . . . . . . . we all know I am.

17 comments:

Valerie and Adam said...

It's hard to choose an applique when you don't know the gender. It looks great! Where did you get the pattern? What are fabric covered buttons? You can tell how much I sew. :)

Tricia and Michael said...

well, i debated like a star or something. . . .but don't know if it would 'go'. fabric covered buttons and metal buttons you cover and i didn't use a pattern. it's basically just measurements is all.

Sara Hendricks said...

It looks great!!! Just amazing! When I someday need a nursery, wanna come visit my for three weeks and help me sew everything

Unknown said...

I love the colors!! It looks perfect (as does everything you create). Can't wait to see you Wed.

Lisa said...

Trish--You are truly amazing. It all looks wonderful and we are excited for you guys. I hope you don't receive a "beaver legume" like our princess. Ella chewed all sides of her crib. Does wood contain iron?

Paige said...

It looks fantastic...I personally would say no to the applique because I like how it looks right now (but I don't always have the best foresight). I'm sorry I can't make it to your baby shower...stupid school. Oh, I need your address so I can send you all your stuff!!! So email me!

Mortensen Family said...

That is super cute. I like it just the way it is. I don't think I would change anything about it.

Marrott Family said...

No applique. Can't wait to see it in person! And that totally makes me think I need to redecorate my ENTIRE house! Or like Sara said....come stay with me for 3 weeks! So so so so cute!

Becky said...

That is adorable!!! I love the colors and the fabrics. I agree with the no applique for two reasons. I think that it is good the way it is and I would be afraid of a chewing child who decides it makes a good chew toy. :)

I am hoping that labor starts soon for you...you seem ready to go and done with the whole pregnancy...it is time for baby to be on the outside! You have cute clothes to buy. :)

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Nice job! Wow, SO cute! And hang in there, and no that someday you'll have your body back and the most beautiful prize for all your work, ever!

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

Okay, I wrote "no" and I meant "know"...just so ya know.

minerfam said...

Love. Love. LOVE!!
You are so talented! I love your nursery... it is perfect!! I agree about the lack thereof of cute boy clothes. Ugh. Clothing stores= 90% to die for girl clothes, 10% medium cute boy clothes. What gives?

Good luck getting your little one here. I am so happy for you!

Love ya-
DanaLee

Andrea said...

Hey trish
I found your blog on facebook. I love your bedding. Did you make it? Its so dang cute. Good luck. The end it the hardest go get through.

Sara Paul said...

Now I know what everyone is talking about. No applique. It is beautiful as is.

Bryndee Slade said...

that looks awesome! I say no applique. I love that you just made gender neutral look good.

The Condies said...

Trish I'm so excited for you! I hope things work out well...after all I was only 1 cm. and 18 hours later I had a baby. You never know with these little ones! BTW, make sure you talk to someone about the "other" stuff mommy needs for after giving birth. Otherwise Michael may be taking 3am shopping trips to walmart the day you get home :)

Anonymous said...

Trish I LOVE the bedding. You are so talented. Good luck with the last week. I'll be sending the pump this week......just had to stock up a little more :0) xoxoxo