Thursday, July 28, 2011

birthday boots - a trend

So yesterday was my birthday- I had a great day. We went to the pool in the morning (where my friend brought cookies :) Then Michael came home early so we could go pick me out a pair of boots. Its becoming a birthday trend and I like it. We even tried a pair on Rylee though she won't get 'real' boots until she can stay in one size for at least a year - Target will have to do for now. It took me a while to decide, but I love them! Michael was kindof in a rush to get back to the house, which I thought was a little strange, but didn't think too much of it.

We started working on dinner and there was a knock at the door, the little sneek surprised me with guests over for dinner. It was pretty funny. We ate dinner and chatted, then it was time for the rest of the gifts.Here is the pile of presents: yes they are wrapped in towels, a swim suit, a showercap and bath pillow. We had a good laugh, apparently the presents were 'hidden' in the bathroom/closet and there was no way getting to the actual wrapping paper in time. OR he's thinking about the environment and didn't want to 'waste' paper. OR he was tired. maybe all of the above. :)

The gifts consisted of various entertainment items: a movie, cd, book, computer case, candy/treats. It doesn't get much better than that!
Someone can reach on top of the table:



"ooh, cupcakes after breakfast! Thanks for being born Mom, and having an abundance of sweets today"



Though I am currently questioning if she is in fact my daughter. My friend brought a delicious key lime pie for dessert and Rylee half spit-up/half threw-up her bite. unacceptable.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Again, Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day. And who spits up key lime pie...seriously?!?

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

I forgot to say Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like it was a great one! You'll have to wear your boots to UT next week.

Valerie and Adam said...

Nice boots! Great Texas tradition!