Thursday, July 19, 2012

Utah {the rest}

I've had two children since our last family picture was taken, so I was happy we took time one evening to update.  (though I haven't seen said pictures yet)  We took a little drive to a nearby ski resort after the 'big' photo-session we decided to drive around the bend to the 'top' and check out the view. It was WELL worth the extra 100 yards :) I love the mountains!!
 Rylee REALLY doesn't like being forced to hold her sister, even after she received a sucker for her (previous) good behavior (you know, for a 2yo).
 see? not holding her sister = happiER face.

 Our room had a pull out bed where Rylee slept.  She took full advantage of a queen bed all to herself.
Rylee had a lot of swim time (with her "soup on") and enjoyed it all but when I made her go down the slide and mis-read where she'd land in the water and had to swim after her to save her. oops. Rylee attended several 'girl parties' and has a new appreciation for music/dancing.  She also now calls any group of people "cousins".  Michael golfed a total of 54 holes and we never get enough game playing in.

The girls really did great (after the first night that is) - of course we all had our moments, but I was surprised by how OK Rylee was with all the 'strange faces' and Kelsey hasn't reached her 'freak-out-when-anyone-but-Mom-looks-at-me' stage and was pretty much ok with anybody holding her too.

We did spend some time with whom of Michael's family is still in Utah (grandparents, aunts, uncles and a couple brothers) But I failed to take any pictures :(

Saying good bye is always hard for me. I feel somewhat like a broken record. We love living in Texas, but I do wish it was a little bit closer to family. You do what you gotta do.

No comments: