Wednesday, July 18, 2012

4th

We started off our 4th of July celebration EARLY.  Most of the family signed up for a race - we had the option of 1mile, 5k, or 10k.  I've ran 2 5k's in my life.  Shorly after each (we're talking within a week) I found out I was pregnant with each of my girls.  I wasn't taking ANY chances and I signed up for the 1 mile :)  Michael has no fear of becoming pregnant and so he ran the 5k
 Yea, that's a 3rd place medal around my neck. That pretty much means there were only 3 in my age bracket running but hey I wore it with pride :) (My Mom also got 3rd place)
 After the race we attended a city-wide breakfast, carnival booths and waited for the parade to start.  We went to nearby Hunstville where a parade entry made the state/local news for a contorvercial entry.  I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but whatever.

I couldn't resist dressing up the girls in their most patriotic outfits:


 That night we hung out and danced to music waiting for fireworks to start.  Kelsey enjoyed her glowstick (and promptly tried to eat it)
 Rylee showed off her best dance moves:
I literally had to lay down to see the fireworks, as they were right above us!  As long as Michael had a firm grip covering Rylee's ears she didn't cry and Kelsey slept snuggled on my chest until the finale.

Oh what a great country we live in!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I wondered what the medals were for....I just thought you found them. Funny!