Thanks to pinterest and a good friend we had several options for entertainment during the trip. One of the favorites was using an old cookie sheet as a drawing board - that way, when the markers or crayons were dropped, only half fell to the floor where the other half stayed on the tray trapped by the lip. Also this sheet was magnetized adding additional fun :)
My family had this "reunion" planned for several years. We knew it would be a long trip and planned to head up a couple days early. We wanted to be sure to have some time to see Michael's family, swim at the lindon pool and my sister had planned a doll party.Unfamiliar with the term?
Well, let me explain. Its a themed party for girls and their dolls. Everything was scaled down to the 'proper' child/doll size. Ours was a 4th of July theme equipped with float making, a carnival, story time, a picnic lunch, and the main event: a PARADE! My little ladies are still a bit too young so they ran amuck and had bonding time with their aunts while I made their float.
Even little Kelsey got her face painted
story time:
waiting for the parade to start.
Rylee brought her baby, and Kelsey was represented by her chicken.
I helped my sister make party favors - play food! A sack lunch for the girl AND her doll. They turned out pretty cute if I can say so myself. The lunch includes a sandwich (meat cheese and lettuce), chips, drink, strawberry and a cookie. yummy!

2 comments:
This is such a cute idea! I'm going to have to remember that when I have a little girl. So cute!
That is such a cute idea! Perfect for future doll picnics and tea parties.
Post a Comment