Lately, Rylee has really enjoyed playing in the pantry. The items of choice are either the garbage (gross) or the soup cans. Somedays I have more patience than others. At any rate, the other morning she was carting around two cans of soup while I was getting ready. Moments later I heard a crash followed by a scream and she came running around the corner crying in pain. At the time I didn't know exactly what happened but as the hours went by, a bruise formed from the curve of the soup can on her lip (and eye too actually).
the day of the accident I felt sorry for her thinking: Soup cans are hard, that must have really hurt. Poor girl, right on her lip. I'm really glad it was on the outside of her eye so there wasn't 'lasting' damage (you know, like blindness).
Day 2: "hmmm the bruise looks an aweful lot like a mustache (notice the resemblance?). . . . . wouldn't that be funny to draw the rest of it on the other side of her lip." post said thoughts on facebook.
Day 3: No FB friends objected (most were encouraging), and I too thought it would be funny, so I drew over the bruise with eyeliner and tried to duplicate the design on the other side (ok, the curly-que was all me)




3 comments:
She is soooo your Barbie doll!
That is AWESOME!!! Make sure that ends up in her baby-book. Hey, you have to do that stuff before they can object too much! Great job mom!!
Ahahaha, this is hilarious! I love it. absolutely love everything about it (except for that fact that she got hurt of course)!! She looks cute with a drawn on moustache. she should be a pirate for halloween :D
Post a Comment