Friday, July 2, 2010

not just an oil change

I can't stop thinking/laughing about what happened to me today at the local "express lube" (and Michael didn't answer his phone to relieve my need to tell someone)

Michael sent me to get the oil changed in the car, to a place that at first glance seemed a "little sketchy." After I'd been waiting a few minutes a random toothless Asian came in sat next to me and just started talking. Apparently she didn't care that I was engrossed in a year old gossip magazine. Rylee, as usual, is what made the conversation two-sided - you know the typical "how old?" "how much?" "how CUTE!" Then it abruptly turned abnormal.

She started asking MY birthday, and announced that I am a Leo, born in the year of the Pig and I should not be living in Texas, the State of the Snake but I grew up in Utah, the state of the Bull (see, bulls and snakes don't mix) and my life would be much calmer there. (I had a happy childhood didn't I). Rylee is a good child for me because she is a Tiger, and Tiger's and Bulls/Lions are good mixes. Then the subject came to my Husband, he being a Sheep.
She got a very worried look on her face and warned me to watch out for him. She then pulled out a packet (really) listing all the states and dates they were accepted into the nation (the others were from memory) and Wisconsin is a Monkey and the worried look on her face deepened. Wisconsin would also be a bad place for me to live. Then she explained: he is "earth" and I am "water" and when you put water on the ground it evaporates. She sure hopes we have separate bank accounts otherwise he will engulf me and my money like evaporating water and leave us.

Joke's on Michael cuz I'm broke.

For the first (well, second really, but that's not the point) time in my life I got a little "possessive" and told her no when she asked to hold Rylee while I payed. I felt a *little* sorry when she said, "I'm not going to walk off with her." oh well.

I guess I'm not big into signs of the zodiac

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, was your zodiac reading part of the oil change? I can just see the ad: "Get your Oil changed & it will change your life ONLY 14.99"

I would have been possessive too. And why do weird things always happen in lube shops. They seem like the DMV where only "odd" individuals need to go. I want to know where the "normal' folks go. :)

Unknown said...

Oh that was Jen not David I guess i am in his account....how to take advantage of this. :)

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

um creepy. i would tell her to leave me alone. weird.

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

and the fact she said "im not going to walk off with her" makes me think she is one of the craigslist baby stealers. what a creeper!!

Shaun Wright said...

man so crazy sis!! cant wait for your visit :)