For weeks Michael and I tried to decide what we should do for the 4th. Due to my inability to make a decision and intense desire to not be stuck in the car all weekend we decided to kick it at home and invite some friends to join us for dinner/games/and fireworks.
See, since we've had a bunch of rain this year fireworks were no longer banned. And on top of that we live outside city limits where everything (concerning fireworks) is legal. I mean, REAL fireworks. Like, we couldn't quite tell which firework cluster was SeaWorlds! golden. There are a number of firework stands near our house and I think Michael checked them all out. And there was at least one house of each street lighting them. The night just kept getting better!
See, since we've had a bunch of rain this year fireworks were no longer banned. And on top of that we live outside city limits where everything (concerning fireworks) is legal. I mean, REAL fireworks. Like, we couldn't quite tell which firework cluster was SeaWorlds! golden. There are a number of firework stands near our house and I think Michael checked them all out. And there was at least one house of each street lighting them. The night just kept getting better!
{our little firecracker}
{you can see one of the big ones above our neighbors house, I didn't get any pics of ours}
I played around with the camera for a little bit and then realized "I'm an adult, I can hold two sparklers at a time" and eventually ditched that to light roman candles and artillery shells. It was perfect because I was able to run around acting like my crazy self. {remember the new year's party when I was the "snow queen"? kinda like that, but with sparklers} I laughed when every boom set off the neighbors car alarm, and learned holding sparklers gives me an instant desire to sing and march.
After we lit our loot, we just sat outside talking and watching the neighbors displays. seriously, perfection. We had fun, glad it didn't end up being just the three of us, and this was definately a learning experience. The 2nd anual WILL be BIGGER and BETTER. Mark it on your calanders now!
1 comment:
It was a ton of fun! Looking forward to next year, and we'll bring a share of the "big booms." :)
Post a Comment