Saturday, May 2, 2009

An Enchanting Day!

Baaaahhh! So, that title is a bit cheesy, {ok, alot cheesy} but we really did have an awesome day! We decided to take a little day trip up to Fredericksburg {a little German town about an hour northwest of SA} We've been wanting to make it up that way since we moved here, there's one thing we can cross off our 'list'.

We/I had a blast walking around all the little shops down main street. Some of our/my favorites were the scrapbook store, numerous quilt/ jewelry/ craft/ home decor shops, {Michael is SUCH a good sport} and a HUGE sauce & spice store. I kid you not they had AT LEAST a billion different sauces, salsas, dips, and chips. . . . all for your tasting pleasure. We snatched up a little yummy basil pesto and some key lime fudge. (the only non-chocolate number. . . . also my fav flavor) YUM. We also viewed our fair share of Texas paraphernalia shops where we learned "In Texas, Farting is a Competetive Sport". You better pray we have your name for Christmas because we baught the last trucker cap and coffee mug with that amazing quote.

We then went a little further up the road to Enchanted Rock State Park. It's a 425 ft "pink" rock. We hiked to the top and had a little looksy at the beautiful Texas Hill-Country. I was in LOVE with the drive. . . . Spring in South Texas=WILDFLOWERS!! All along the highway are these pretty wild flowers, green trees, rolling hills, and roaming 'livestock'. I may have miss-labeled said livestock, but that's not important.







Ok, I know you're thinking the ground looks brown to you . . .but it did have a kind of 'pink' tint to it. . . some Indian tribe said Spaniards cast a spell on it and turned it a funky color. Hopefully we can make it back again soon. We ended the day eating "authentic" German cuisine. I'll stick to burgers and french fries. :)

5 comments:

Paige said...

I'm so jealous! Enchanted Rock is one of our all time favorite places to go and camp. Did you all do the cave that's on the top? And as far as your addiction goes...I realize you have to have some kind of coping mechanism for me moving down here, so I'll let it slide! :) Can't wait to see you guys over Memorial Day!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun! I pray you don't get my name for Christmas--I'd much rather have a "Trish exculsive" sewn gift!!! Much love.

LeslieK said...

Keith's Dad's cousin has a little bed and breakfast around there, so let us know next time you go!! And when we went, that little (big) salsa/sauce/jam/etc. shop was our FAVORITE!! We even had to bring home some of the BBQ sauce. I think the part we liked best was the free samples of EVERYTHING...

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip! We've been wanting to make a trip up there since we've been here too. We are such slackers...Now I really want to go,

I am SO bummed you got the last items with that perfect quote! haha

Sara Paul said...

You guys are really great together. Mike, is that a picture of you taking a leak off the rock? Come on!