Saturday, December 20, 2008

an update

I'M FREEZING!!!

I realized today I drastly under-estimated the number of socks I packed since I am currently wearing three pair.

We made it here safe and sound. We hit a little bit of fog and a few patches of 'icey' roads but other than that, the drive was rather smooth. "thanks" to Michael, we missed an accident in Oklahoma City. For those who don't know and are interested we did beat the Allsops traveling from UT. From the time our paths met they were ahead of us . . . due to some stealth work on our part we passed them about 20 miles from Michaels parents house and beat them by about 2 minutes. Saving us the $100 that Michael bet his brothers. (We make a game out of EVERYTHING) When your windshield wiper fluid freezes that is just TOO COLD. From Iowa on we resorted to not using the wipers and every 40 miles or so I had to get out and splash fluid on the car and subsequently, my clothes. Apparently I've got a bad aim.

Besides the snow and below zero temperatures we are having a great time spending with family. People often wonder how this Utah girl wouldn't miss the snow- maybe i've always been a texan at heart. (that texas pride comes easy) Too bad we forgot our camera to document it.

Wishing yall a very Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

Marrott Family said...

Ya know they always say that if you sleep skin to skin that helps keep you warmer than 3 layers....

Unknown said...

So $100 and you get the king size bed?!?! If so you totally rock! Have a great time, and we'll try to have some colder weather while your gone. hehe

Valerie and Adam said...

No camera? Too bad. I wish I could have seen the splashing fluid on the car deal. Who'd have thought of that?

He really passed you up on your deal to stay home for the holidays? I don't think I could ever get Adam to say no to that.

Too bad about the bed! Good luck!

Paige said...

I'm cold just reading about it!!! I'm glad that you beat the other Allsops thus securing yourselves a bed for your stay! I think that next year we should all have Thanksgiving together! Trish, I think you have always been a Texan at heart. Don't forget in about 4 years you all are moving to Dallas, where you will live out the rest of your days playing games with us!

Brooke said...

i am SO glad it's you guys not me! I don't miss those days at all! :)

Sara Paul said...

Did you learn the windshield wiper trick from dad? When we had the station wagon and we would drive from Logan to Heber, he would get out and through snow on the windshield. I have to admit I did that a few days ago. Thx dad. I hope BYU losing to Arizona didn't completely ruin your Christmas (at least Michael's). It's too bad people put so much time, effotr and emotion into lousy teams.

ben and nat said...

oh man! Trish I hope that you stay warm. Have fun with the allsops . we wish you a very merry christmas. New years won't be the same with out you.Guess I will have to play barbies by myself then.We miss you!