We're HOME!!
We had a wonderful time, aside from the freezing temperatures. I think I was 'used' to being freezing and put my coat on as I headed out the door today. The beating sun felt wonderful and I was quickly reminded about how much I'm loving living in south Texas! My vote is Christmas in SA next year! any takers???
Our week spent with Michael's family went by all too quickly! We had a great Christmas and we feel very grateful for everyone's generosity! We loved just hanging out with the family, fighting over the rules to games and 'rocking' out. It was great to just spend time with family we don't get to see very often.
Currently, myself and the baby were the only ones to not throw-up this past week. For that, i am very fortunate!
Making the treck through the six states was quite an ordeal! the drive there was definately easier than coming back. The last two hours I thought I was going to have to shoot myself to end the pain. We did break it up a little bit by stopping by the St. Paul temple, Liberty Jail, a drive-by in Independence, and we were even able to see Scott and Paige who just happened to be in Dallas for the same few hours as us. . . so naturally we had to do a little catching up and get a few games in.
We haven't gotten our pictures developed yet. yes, developed. we forgot our camera and baught a single-use for the week. We'll see how long it takes me to get that done, and maybe i'll share :)
now, on to un-packing and putting the house back together before JR and Aubree get here :) never a dull moment.
Weekly- 10/27/24
1 year ago
5 comments:
I am glad you made it back okay! I hated every minute of our 4 hour trip, I couldn't handle yours! I am currently on strike against Christmas traveling next year. It feels great to be back!
You guys are the best hosts. JR and Aubree are in for a treat! We miss you and yes the warm sun too. Happy New Year!
I'm so glad that we were able to see eachother in Dallas. It was so fun, and my parents keep saying how much they enjoyed having you guys, not to mention Bang. My Dad still laughs to himself whenever he says,"What's this game called?" Easily amused.
It was a treat! We just wish we could have hung out longer. Love you guys.....see you soon! We'll definitely come back.
Next time you go on vacation you should try out the Houston airport (do not spend less than 8 hours there). It is a blast! Then, just for kicks, fly to Denver and sleep on the floor in the airport. Been there. Done that. Home Sweet Home--no doubt!
Post a Comment