Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Its about that time of the year!!!!!



Yes, you all know it! Its when the air starts to be crisp and the leaves start to fall. It's when men start to day dream about how other men will do on Sunday. Its when men start to yell at TV's and demand that their player get the football. A time when husbands are so intensely looking at their teams stats that they drown out any other distractions even though their wives ask if he would like to go antique shopping next weekend and he is so out of it that all he says yes. Yes, it is true, it is fantasy football time. Oh such a glorius time!

This year is no exception. Michael Phelps just finished competing for 8 Olympic gold medals. Well with his glory in mind I plan to achieve such fantasy glory it will marvel the world, or those who play fantasy football. I know there are a lot of nea-sayers out there. I feel confident though with all the leagues I'm in, that I will leave with a gold medal! How many you may ask?

ESPN.com - two leagues (Los Hermanos Group from Utah, Friends I grew up with in Wisconsin)

Yahoo.com - three leagues (Two leagues with friends I grew up with in Wisconsin and finally another with brothers and brother-in laws and friends)

Oh, also if you need anyone else just let me know. I think I can squeeze a few more in! Sorry Trish I'm going to busy for the next couple of monts, see you then!

10 comments:

Paige said...

BORING! You should just send Trish down here to play until it's all over! :)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Trish that Mike is going to zone out and be busy winning his glory! :)

Slades said...

oh brother. i'm already a football widow. too bad trish isn't here to keep me company.

Slades said...

oh brother. i'm already a football widow. too bad trish isn't here to keep me company.

Sara Paul said...

A lot of buff men in tight pants running around showing off how tough they are? I'm in! Oh wait, I'm not invited. That's okay--my dreams are pretty much like that every night--I don't have to wait for fall.

Anonymous said...

Amen Sista! I'm with Sara.....I'm a dreamer :-)
You should have heard the stress in JR's voice when he told me what time his draft started and then expressed his concerns that he might not be back from his church meetings in time. Man, the life altering situations/dilemmas you guys have to deal with in this league must be hard to bare. May the best man win!

Tricia and Michael said...

well half of his drafts are over. only half. seriously i thing he now has 6 leagues. he's crazy. i have my own obessions though. it is kindof funny to hear him talk.

ben and nat said...

Anyone interested in putting another league together?

Tricia and Michael said...

Ben, I'm game for another league! You name the time and place and I'll join!

Sara Paul said...

Jason can top it all. He didn't join any leagues this year, but his cousin, Brad, from St. George, called him to ask a huge favor. Brad was busy tonight and couldn't do his draft so he asked if Jason would do it for him. The worst--Jason said he would. I cannot find anything that compares. Jason says I do things for other people--like watch their kids--somehow this is the same. I don't get it????!!!??? Maybe I could get out of church early to get in on my online craps game before noon.