Tuesday, May 13, 2008

summary

So, its been a while. I'll sum up: We went on a camp out a couple weeks ago and dared a friend to eat a marshmellow wrapped in bacon, afterall, bacon makes everything more delicious. I myself failed to taste this treat but apparently it was "interesting". We went to a state park that's pretty close to where we live and had an excellent time. They have a lot of camp sites/picnic areas and a river. We went on a little hike and played in the water. Definately a place to be re-visited.




My friend Paige. yay.





Apparently "fiesta" in Texas is a big deal. It's basically a week-long party. They have like 6 parades (most of which are telavised and in the middle of the day) A big carnival with lots of music, dancing, and consuming of alcoholic beverages. We went to be part of the crowd one night and were basically told if we were to stay past 7 we'd be the only white people there. Needless to say, we didn't really fit in. We did get some quality 'people-watching' time in. The lady was a dancing FOOL, and yes, this spurs fans hat was made from aluminum foil.

Last but certainly not least our ward had planned a little camping trip to padre island/corpus cristi. We decided to meet them on saturday for a day at the beach. I was really surprised at the tempurature of the water. It was quite pleasant. That's the gulf for you. We had a nice relaxing day. Telling you we got fried is an understatement. My skin is now a lovely shade of BRIGHT RED. The ocean is fun and all but I'd rather be at the lake. Salt water and me do NOT get along. :)

2 comments:

Paige said...

Your friend Paige yay INDEED!!! I'm excited we're friends...and that the lake better suits you! Was that Scott that ate the bacon wraped marshmallow? Gross. We should see what else he'll eat.

Sara Paul said...

I want to see a picture of you and Michael after the sunburns--speaking of being wrapped in bacon....