Monday, March 3, 2014

McKinney Falls {Valentine's Day}

This Valentine's Day we decided to spend on a little camping trip.
 
We had a great time. We tried to be a little festive and decorated a little bit.
 The girls were really excited to pull out their "flower beds" as Rylee calls them. The given term is a nap mat. This was the first time we camped without a pack n play (that what they were invented for. really) which was nice, and disastrous at the same time.


 Michael lovingly cooked our hot dogs while I relaxed and took selfies with the kids.


 We packed a few other Valentine specialties: sparkling cider, chocolate covered strawberries, heart shaped strawberry fudge.....
 It was a little chilly at night (not too bad as Michael forgot his jacket and didn't die) and we did bring a small space heater (electric site) so we'd be more comfortable and I wouldn't be to worried about packing enough blankets.
 My heart melted when after smores Rylee climbed up on the chair with me to snuggle and lo and behold she fell asleep.  That hasn't happened in 3 years.  I savored every second.
 We went on a couple little hikes to the waterfalls.  Which for the record, I could barely call them that.  Apparently there was a huge flood last fall that did a fair amount of damage - driftwood in treetops isn't normal.







 Kelsey's "I did it!" face. throwing rocks was a must.


Camping in Feburary is amazing.  Don't worry, the weather changes rather quickly. We caught a lucky break that weekend.  Still, in March 80 degrees in the day, 29 at night with hail. for real. we've had four "polar plunges" this winter. In case you wondered- I'm over it. ;)

No comments: