This year we invited Michael's brother to our house for Thanksgiving. We had a huge tasty meal together which was nice. I've decided the holiday's (Thanksgiving and Christmas) are kindof funny: you spend 2-3 days cooking and preparing so you don't have to cook for a week. haha. We loved having lots of left-overs.
We couldn't go without a picture of the spread - the jello or pies didn't even make the photo (and they are the prettiest!!)
After dinner and games it was onto the next tradition: pj's! I bought pajamas last year on clearance instead of making them but I couldn't go without something homemade so I whipped up a few Christmas pillowcases, we didn't want to leave our visiting cousin out either.They were happy, I promise.
Just in case you're keeping tabs we upgraded the tree(s) this year! I was thrilled to not have the tiny trio of trees again. People think I'm crazy for having it up before Thanksgiving but its so nice!! December is just too crazy to find time to do everything. I joked that while others are stressing to put theirs up I'm just hanging out enjoying the lights for a solid 6 weeks, so mock me all you want :) My goal for next year is to finish the tree skirt I started 4 years ago. (the top is done I just need to quilt it- and since I didn't even have a tree to put it under there was no pressure to finish. There are a few other projects in that state. . . . . I need help). We picked up pine-boughs again this year and made a wreath and garland. Not sure if it was the type of tree, our colds or what but they didn't emit as much fragrance this year :( We lit a candle instead. Michael stated the smell of chex-mix in the oven is more or a Christmas Scent than a real tree anyway.
We spent the weekend together mostly hanging out, playing games and a little bit of sight-seeing.
The riverwalk was busy (the day after the lighting) but it was fun and festive to be downtown.
I think this was Kelsey's first time to the Alamo, someone new better visit quick so we can take her inside ;). One of these days I really am going to put together an Alamo scrapbook and only include pictures of people we've gone to the Alamo with as that's the only time we go.
The girls were exstatic about running across the wood boards here. Its the simple things in life.
After walking around to the big tree we decided that was enough for one evening and went home to put the kids to bed and get another game or two in before we had to part ways the following morning. Thanks for joining us Dallas-Allsops, it was new and different to be around family again for a 'big holiday'.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment