So, I'm kindof 'over' blogging about our lovely trip. . . .but this is important (One of the reasons I try to stay more current than I have been - alas)
Grandma was very adamant about having a good ole Luthern service. So the family of course obliged. I thought the church was pretty. Its funny how you get used to so many cultural aspects of these things.
It was a lovely little graveside service in the morning.
The Grandsons were the paul bearers. I felt the spirit so strongly when Michael's Father said the dedicatory prayer, by the Priesthood. It strengthened my testimony on authority.
I actually think cemetaries are really beautiful. We spent a little bit of time looking at headstones, hearing stories from relatives we don't get to see very often (and I just met). Michael has been showing a bit more interest in family history work and took many photos of family headstones. I'll spare the blog of those.
Anyway, that's one of the reasons I like funerals (people often think that's odd). But, the whole family comes together and shares stories and memories. It makes me want to be a better person. Leave a legacy of sorts.
Poc and Nana with all 8 of their Grandchildren for the first time!! Exciting!
I'd like to call this photo "Ode to Grandma B"
Michael's family (minus one brother-in-law who couldn't make it and was certainly missed :( )
Cousins:
Grandma is already missed. She was a beautiful sassy woman who worked hard her entire life (most of which was after loosing her husband) and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. (She hated when Michael started shaving his head) She loved her family, traditions, was often asked to share the recipes for things she baked and was an avid card player. We played honerary games of shang-hi and blitz (31) as soon as we got home. Michael loved 'growing up' with his Grandmother close.
We love you Grandam B.
Weekly- 10/27/24
1 year ago

















No comments:
Post a Comment