Monday, September 16, 2013

Bike Ride

While in Wisconsin we were given a couple bikes. I was super excited as I've been wanting a bike for a while. . . .like my whole life. ;) I've never had my OWN bike. I know how to ride one, but always borrowed a siblings. One more thing to add to the drama of our car breaking down . . . bicycles hanging off the trunk.
Anyway, we got home, promptly purchased a bike trailer and headed ona family ride. We decided to hit up a trail a little bit further from our house (the bike rack fit better on the rental car than our own car) so we took advantage of that. Michael pulled the girls and we had a fun little ride. It was several weeks later that I wanted to run an errand close to home and decided to take the bikes (sans Dad). I vastly underestimated the strength I would need to pull both girls and the trailer. . . wow!! They add about 70lbs and I'd never noticed how "hilly" our streets are. We're going out a bit more regularly to build up some strength.

No comments: