We had a weekend packed with celebrations! 1st we celebrated Michael's birthday. He came home "on time" (rare these days as June is his busiest month). We celebrated with the girls and then picked up a babysitter and went out. We saw a ventriliquist/comedian/magician. It was fun! Some of his tricks really had us stumped. And one of the opening acts reminded us of a friend of ours and it was weirding us out :) His final act had Michael on stage wearing a ventriliquist mask. It was hilarious. Unfortunately no photos . . . . .
Saturday was the annual HOA summer picnic: food, games, prizes, pony/train rides, bouncy house, booths, face painting, balloon making- it was pretty much a birthday party.
The girls LOVED the pony rides. Especially Kelsey.
Kelsey wore the most ridiculous grin the whole time all giddy and giggly. It was adorable. This girl loves animals.
And the most exciting part of the day (for me anyway) was lunch. We sat down and the announcers were calling for random things to win prizes. One of which was a clean, unworn diaper - got plenty of those- so I grabbed one out of the bag and headed up front only to realize I'd been beat by someone who took their entire bag and fished it out up front. As I turned around, I slipped in the muddy grass (we've had a lot of rain recently) and slid (as if I were trying to "steal home") After the gasps I stood up COVERED in mud. The worst part was the diaper was also covered in mud and no longer usable. So I held up the diaper and yelled "how 'bout a dirty one?" "Absolutely". Pretty sure the massage will be worth the embarrasement.
Sunday, Father's Day, was our stake conference: two hours of torture with two toddlers but then we have the whole rest of the day free. We played a few new games and hung out. Dad was outside grilling and of course the girls both cried at the backdoor while he checked on dinner, because they followed him inside five minutes prior.
They love their Daddy. I can't say I blame them - he's pretty great :)
Happy Birthday/Father's Day!!








1 comment:
Happy Birthday and Father's Day to Michael! Can't wait to see you guys in July!
Post a Comment