Our baby girl turned one on Saturday. Its amazing how fast this year has gone. At the same time it feels she's been in our family for much longer than a year. {I guess its still easier for me to remember life with no kids as opposed to life with one child} She has been such an added blessing to our lives and we're so grateful we were able to celebrate her birth {again!}
Rylee anticipated Kelsey's birthday all week and was excited when we put up a few decorations.
Oh, you know a Happy Birthday sign and my "Year of Kelsey" pictures I'd taken (I think I'll add more on that later)
We had a couple families over for dinner/dessert to help us celebrate.
Rylee helped blow out the candle.
and then we ate cupcakes. Kelsey put the cupcake/frosting immediately in and out of her mouth about 3 times before she decided she could swallow. She'd try to take a bite and then take it out to inspect it and repeat. Once the frosting was deemed suitable to digest and then devoured she moved on the cake part. It was a lovely mess. And what is cake without ice cream?
I searched pinterest to figure out what kind of cupcake to make and came across the idea to bake cupcakes in ice cream cones. I thought it was cute (and apparently I'm the last one on the planet to have seen these) but it was fun. Perfect for a one year old as the cone works as a barrier to some of the messiness. The cone is soft but still tasty. Kelsey liked them, Rylee did not. You can't please them all and at least the lady of the hour was happy. I couldn't resist the mini cones either so we had two size options :)
Then it was present time. Good thing Kelsey has an older sister and friend to help or we'd still be working on her present. Rylee was very excited to open the gift she chose for her sister.
Kelsey didn't care much for her new toys and let the 'big girls' play . . . . . She's learned early that its the people, not the things that matter in life and spent the rest of the evening chillin with her homies (twin bff's). ;)
Happy Happy Birthday Kelsey! We love you like crazy!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kelsey! I can't believe it has already been a year since she was born! For some reason it seems like it was only a couple of months ago. The party looks darling, no surprise there with you in charge!
Post a Comment