Tuesday, October 30, 2012

costumes

Our ward trunk or treat was a couple weekends ago.  Though we nearly filled our loan limit at the library with Halloween books, I didn't really talk to Rylee about dressing up.  I had an idea of what she would wear and was going to leave it at that.
 
Then she became obsessed with this book. And 3 days before the party asked to be a dinosaur.  I debated what I should do and told Michael that if I had everything I needed to make a dinosaur I'd do it, otherwise operation change the 2-year olds mind would be put to the test.
 
I remembered a post I'd pinned several months ago and decided if she had an old jacket that still fit I'd do it. Well, I had the everything I'd need (a jacket and matching/coordinating fabric) I decided to make my sweet girl's dream come true. I showed Rylee a picture of what I would make and that night as I tucked her into bed she was so sad that 1. she didn't have her dino tail. and 2. she wasn't helping me make her dino tail. (I didn't have time for her to 'help')
 I think it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself!
 When I finally finished and she tried it on she kept hitting all sorts of things as she's turn around. Always saying "sorry" haha.


 You get a little look at our current garden here:
 Kelsey has been rotating between both of Rylee's previously worn costumes. This little gnome kills me.

 I'm not sure what I love most about this picture- loving up on Kelsey or Dino-Rylee getting into character photo bombing the picture.
 **on a side note, I got it trouble for not making a 'tent' correctly with blankets.  Some things only a Daddy can do right.
 I know I'm ridiculous but I couldn't help throwing together a witch costume for Dolly (yes, that is her name).  She's come along to every activity too.
 Here we are headed to the HOA Fall Festival (which was really fun btw - lots of games/treats for kids and plenty of booths and snacks for us). Its been good to have several times for her to wear her costume *trunk-or-treat *fall festival *story time @the library *Halloween night


We've got plans to meet up with friends tomorrow, and who could resist .50 corn dogs?
I feel like I'm on repeat, but the older Rylee gets and the more she enjoys and gets excited for Holidays, the more fun they are for us too. I'm so excited for the rest of the year!

7 comments:

Hilary and Eric said...

Super Duper Cute.

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

This turned out adorable!

Lisa said...

When Ella read this post she said, "nice tail"! Super cute girls. Happy Halloween to all of you.

Sara Hendricks said...

I love both of those costumes!!! I hope our little baby gets a chance to trick-or-treat as a dinosaur too.

Dani said...

Um, I miss you guys.
Cute kids. Great costume dino.
Love
Dani

Marrott Family said...

I love the tail too!! that is super cute and seemed super easy...for you :)

Anonymous said...

Love the face off that Gnome and Dino! Way cute costumes and super cute girls. Glad you guys had a fun holiday even if you didn't knock :0)