Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mini Town

At the beginning of the summer I bought a Groupon for a punch card to a place called "mini town".  Its basically a miniature 'town' for little kids.  There are several themed rooms full of kid sized stuff to play with. They have a grocery store, house, school, bank, dance room, theatre, park, play room (what used to be a zoo??), they also have a playground outside with a sandbox and on Fridays a train.
 
I thought it would be something fun to take the girls and do indoors during the blistering heat. We'd bring Rylee's friend Lily when we could.  Its always fun to watch them play together. They both loved the little see-saw, and of course the candy shop.
 
Here are the little Momma's lined up with their babies in their strollers.
 Rylee especially loved the 'house'.  This was the first time she played with a doll that opens and closes its eyes when it sits up/down.  She looked at it for a minute and then said "smart!" :) Here she is putting the doll in the carrier. Holding it up on her arm -exactly like I do. Such a copier :)
 
 
 bustin a move - most likely to "Tearin' up my Heart", One Direction or Hanna Montana
 
 
Its always nice to have a buddy.
(on a side note, I didn't think I'd be one to buy licensed/cartoon items (aside from pj's) but seeing Rylee's face light up when at the sight of pictured Dora shirt on clearance, I lamented.  She prefers to wear it several days in a row, I'm not as big of a push-over on the later. Speaking of Dora. . . . . . .
 if you're even remotely familiar with the explorer you should see this fake movie trailor, its pretty funny:
 
I'm not sure I'd pay full price to go more but we had fun and it was nice to mix things up a bit.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love watching "little people" doing adult things. It is so cute. The whole nurturing thing comes so naturally. Love ya!