Rylee is at such a fun stage. She really does make me laugh every day by what she says and does. When she does something fun that I want to remember, I just have to ask her if I can record it and she usually obliges (I'm sure its mostly because she loves watching the videos of herself).
My goal is to 'trick' my girls into liking football so that they will want to watch the games with their Daddy and I can get some serious crafting/reading done all football season. We've got a Green Bay Packers fan on our hands:
She's demanded we sing "twinkle twinkle little star" before bed for a while now. She's recently started singing to "dolly" when its time for her nap too.
I am amazed at the number of books/nursery rhymes she has memorized. seriously. Even books we haven't had long from the library. I love that after she wakes up from a nap she quietly flips through book after book. Often "reading" them out loud to herself.
Of course I had to throw in a video of Kelsey too. That little girl is growing too fast!! (obviously this video isn't exactly 'current' as she still had her glove on) She's started climbing up to stuff and even took a few wobbly steps along the couch. :( I may have cried a little (and contemplated pushing her over)
A few random things:
the other day in the car Kelsey was crying and Rylee screamed "Kelsey! Be Quiet!" The best part is Kelsey actually listened to her :)
Every Sunday Rylee cries during the intermediate hymn because its not time to go to nursery yet.
Rylee picked up my phone asking if she could call Lily, I said sure and the 'conversation' went like this: "Hi Lily, what doing? playing? on stairs? OH, Good! bye!"
After a big lightning storm about 6 weeks ago (that woke up everyone but Rylee) Kelsey started having a hard time falling asleep at night. She was fine during the day, but at nights I'd have to spend a few extra minutes rocking her before she'd let me lay her down without screaming. She's just starting to get better at letting me just lay her down again.
I am convinced that 2.5 year olds are the epitome of 'opposition in all things'. While often what she says and does brings so much joy, she also can throw a fit like its no body's business, and certainly knows how to drive her Momma CRAZY! I try to focus on the positive :)
Weekly- 10/27/24
1 year ago
1 comment:
Uncle Byron is so very proud! Another reader on our hands...excellent! I love reading your posts...I might be closer to getting a blog started. Love ya!
Post a Comment