So a couple weeks ago we (I) reluctantly agreed to dog-sit a friends dog while they were out of town. See, I don't claim to be a dog person mostly because I never had a dog but you-know. However, I did tell Michael that I do think we could get a dog "someday". So we decided a week would be a good 'trial-run'.
Well, I do think we took this dog in under false pretenses. That being he is house trained. If that were the case I don't think I should be getting up in the night with a dog (when my baby has no problem sleeping 10 solid hours). And dog crap REALLY stinks.
The bottom line is I'm not sure if this experience brought be closer or further from getting our own dog. I will say Rylee was pretty funny. She was quite skeptical when the dog first came in. Michael sat on the ground with her reassuring her it was ok. Kelsey was in the bumbo and he sniffed around and then got a little bit in Kelsey's face to smell her as well at this point Rylee screamed "KELSEY!!!" As if saying "Daddy, save her!!" very sweet to protect her sister, but from a distance.
She loved being able to call him "cody. come 'ere, where's cody? come 'ere, Cody" Then when he actually obeyed her call she'd freak. saying "scared". There were a couple times she wouldn't leave or pass by a room that she knew he was in but all in all it worked out. He's a little older of a dog and was pretty mellow. Our neighbors dogs didn't particularly like the fact that we had a furry one on our side of the fence - but all is back to normal now.
Kelsey is really growing. It kindof makes me a bit sad. A girl in the ward the other day saw me with her and said "Is that YOUR baby?" (she had a baby herself only a couple weeks after Rylee was born). She is particularly tall.
rolling forward and backward all over the living room.
giggling and grasping for toys.
She has been loving to play with her toes lately too (something Rylee never did). I think its adorable.We'll probably start her on solids once we get back from our trip. That and potty training. I'm not particularly looking forward to either.

2 comments:
So cute, cute, cute. I can't wait to get a turn snuggling them both again....very soon. Love you!
Ah, such sweet little girls.
Post a Comment