Monday, March 19, 2012

Kelsey's Blessing Day

Since Michael's parents were coming for their spring break we arranged for Kelsey to be blessed on Sunday.
 I made her blessing dress, headband, and "barefoot sandals", My mom sent her bracelet.
(Funny, I wanted NOTHING to do with making Rylee's dress - the difference being blessed at 11 weeks instead of 3 makes when you have a 'surprise' gender baby)

 (I coudn't resist a pair of ruffle bloomers either)
My inspriation for the dress was none other than Fancy Nancy, and pre-ruffled fabric
 Its funny, Kelsey isn't a big smiler, but the times she does smile is usually when I'm putting on her headbands/bows or a ruffly dress. . . . . makes me laugh.



 I was really excited about the sandals, and think they turned out pretty cute.  
Perfect foot accessory for the Texas heat.
 We had a little photo shoot before church.


 Poc and Nana with their Texas Grand-daughters
 one with the lady of the day.
 Michael's youngest sister and brother came too.
 I wish I could say that the day went without drama or tears, but I would be lying.  Good thing I have a testimony to lean on when things don't go as smoothly as I would have liked.

But, the blessing was beautiful!


I feel really blessed to have such wonderful men in our lives, including those who weren't physically present (who were dearly missed). 


 
That baby girl is loved by many.

8 comments:

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

How sweet! I love the dress you made. It looks so beautiful!

Shaun Wright said...

I so wish I could have been there! Love and miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Trish---that dress is so darling...who can go wrong with following after "Fancy Nancy". I love the pictures....especially with all of the men! Love ya

Valerie and Adam said...

She's beautiful! I love her dress!

LeslieK said...

How gorgeous is she?!! And I LOVE the barefoot sandals. I must now procure/make some for Grace =)

Bryndee Slade said...

such a pretty dress. You all look great.

Marrott Family said...

Yes she is loved by many!! And I love the dress, the shoes, the whole bit!

Dani said...

So cute! She looks beautiful! Sorry we were busy Sunday. Glad you had family to worship your babies.