Friday, March 19, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Right after we got home from the hospital our computer decided it no longer wanted to turn on. So 6 days before the warranty expired we took it in. Turns out the motherboard was damaged. again. This being the third time we've had serious problems with this computer we get a replacement. New computer, new warranty, great right? well, almost . . . . .

Since the computer is unable to turn on we have no access to the data ON the computer. We did a major back-up probably 8 months ago but since then I tried very dutifully to take a picture of my growing belly every week for what would become the cutest record of one's pregnancy. {I can say that because instead of 30 pictures, I have 3 and this said album will never exist}. I am so disappointed {I can say THAT now, because I'm a Mother}. Until the 6 disks of info load I won't know what else we lost- what a pain!

I am thankful that we bought the extended warranty, and we have a new {even better} computer, AND that the camera cord is still missing because I would have uploaded all of Rylee's pictures from the first 5 days of her life on that computer never to be seen again. You know how they say "once on the internet always on the internet" If anyone knows how to find things that were once posted on the blog and is there no longer I'd appreciate it. (ie the photos on my sidebar)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

David is a computer recovery genius and said he can help you get things off the computer -assuming you still have the old one- and the blog is a maybe, depending on how you posted it. Have Mike give him a call- we don't have mike's #. :)

But congrats on a new computer!!

Minwoo said...

Mike & Trish give Melissa or Me a call. I can help get your data back too.

Paige said...

You should go to mozy.com. It won't help you recover old stuff, but it is a backup service that is like $10 a month that automatically backs up your computer to an online storage every night (or more frequently if you want it to). So, if it happens in the future all you do is log on and it has all your data. We use it and it has been a life saver. Call me if you have questions.

Marrott Family said...

I want to pull my hair out FOR you!! I hate computer malfunction!! Well just make sure you keep your receipt for tax purposes! :)