Ah, our Christmas tree. I actually really like our little set-up. These three small trees have between 5 and 6 strands of lights ( i lost count) equalling somewhere between 500-700 bulbs. ( all but one work ). If you look in the daylight it looks like green plastic wires instead of green plastc needles. And, we acctually have more ornaments than our trees have branches so only our favorites made the cut.
This was my project yesturday . . . . welcoming the christmas season. I blasted christmas music all afternoon, lit a yummy holiday candle and got to work. I love, love, LOVE Christmas lights. This really helped put me in a fabulous mood and i'm sure this is going to be a good rest of the week!!! We are getting very excited for my sister to come and be witness to my botching our first thanksgiving dinner. Ok if this thanksgiving isn't a good one i'm in trouble. I've ordered everthing but the potatoes, gravy and stuffing. Hopefully Rudy's won't let us down!!
I also thought I'd share my thoughts on the long awaited Twilight . I had pretty low expectations but the anticiaption got the best of me and I went with Michael to the theatre to wait in line with every other 13 year old within a mile radius. Michael complained that we were the oldest ones in the theatre but I didn't care. I was a little disappointed in the shade of lipstick they had edward wear, and his hair was a little ridiculous too. Like an elvis impersonator or something. All in all it was a good film but by no means even in comparison to the book. I did read that it grossed 70.6 million dollars (14 of those came from us thank you very much!) where the article also stated "teen girls rule the earth" HILIARIOUS!! Still I can't wait for #2 and I want it on DVD for my birthday :) so I guess I liked it more than I thought.
9 comments:
Yeah for Christmas decorating! I love your trees. And I need close ups of those stockings you made. oh and we just watched 24 Redemption!! Go Jack Bauer!
It's beginning to look alot like Christmas @ the Allsop house!! yay for Rudy's turkey, and what about the rolls & pies? you order them too? Here's to a great thanksgiving & holiday season with the in-laws!!
You are ambitious, I am super excited about the holidays but dread pulling everything out of boxes. On Friday we spent the day at Tai Pan admiring the trees. My poor kids, I need to get ours out!
Trish I love the decorations! Our tree is actually going to look very bare---we're still gathering ornaments for it since neither of us have very many. I'm excited to decorate it, though! It just means I get to go buy some new ones!
Good luck with the dinner!
Have fun without us - wish we were there. Eat an extra helping of Rudy's for us - and then eat another one! Gosh I miss Texas food.
Lookin good. For some reason, I am putting it off this year. Remember the year Jason and I didn't put up a tree? I am going to go see Twilight on my next Vernal trip. Last trip I went to HSM3. I was the only person in the theater. No joke. Weird huh?
Hi!!! Your trees are cute, I'm digging them. I was surprised, I liked Twilight better than I thought I would. Maybe it's because it made me feel 10 years younger??
Those are really cute! How fun.
Love the Christmas decorations and as for the Twilight movie. I have to say I was disappointed in the first part of it, but enjoyed the second part more. I definately agree with Edward's hair...too big. They needed to develop the characters a bit more in my opnion. I MISS YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment