Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Birthday America!!

I love Independence Day. Seriously, its one of my favorite holiday's (I've tried to list Holiday's in order of which I like most, and I just can't do it)

Anyhow, we heard there was a big breakfast, games and patriotic fireside at the church (put on by the missionaries for all three ward units that attend at our building). They order in which items are listed is extremely important. It was a very long fireside (which isn't bad when its expected) and a few snacks - like one watermelon one meat/cheese tray and two pastry packs. Not enough food to even consider waiting in line for. We were bamboozled.

We sang the star spangled banner and busted out of there ASAP: we had a parade to get to.

So, we headed to Castroville and hit up McDonalds (with the rest of the ward/city) for the old-time parade.
 Surprise! My children didn't want to have their picture taken.
 yea, they are covering their ears from the noise of the fire trucks. . . . that's it.
 Of course we had to make a few patriotic foods:

 And drop a few dollars on fireworks: This was almost half of what we set off. We hosted again this year and it was AWESOME! I love being surrounded with friends, laughing, eating and celebrating




 Miss Kelsey enjoying the show:
 Just one corner of the counter, about a 1/4 of the cups we cleaned up.
Happy Birthday America! We love our freedom!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the safety first sparklers. Your girls should be poster children for burn prevention. So fun! I really want to go to a parade with you soon....do they have any New Year's ones in Tucson.