Michael and I have the same great debate every year. All about the Christmas tree. Artificial vs Real.
Michael wants real, its what he grew up with. He likes the smell, the "experience" yada yada.
I think artificial is the way to go. Yes, the majority of my childhood we had artificial, but not always. I love the idea of being able to put the tree away with the lights on - and come-on, its much more cost effective over time. Not to mention the fact that we live in Texas - where beautiful pine trees don't grow. So by the time a tree is shipped to our area its practically dead anyway which does not bode well for me need to have a tree up by Thanksgiving.
Because we can't agree on the initial 'fake' investment we are at a stand still. until. . . . .
we had a similar conversaton with our home teachers where they shared personal experience. Apparently you can buy pine bows or clippings by the bundle for about $5 (less even for us since we went late in the month). After a little researching as to what we would DO with said bundle one night after the kids were in bed we made a wreath, garland and center piece.
I'd say for a first time attempting anything like this it turned out pretty well. Unfortunatley I don't really have anything else on hand to decorate with but its a start. Perhaps next year I'll be more prepared. Since we were busy cutting the brances the house filled with the lovely smell of pine and we were both pleased. New tradition maybe??
Have I mentioned how much Rylee loves listening to Christmas music? She insists it be played at all times if she is awake. Prefereable through pandora on the tv (so she can see the album covers/pictures). She's asking me for song titles less often as she is remembering them on her own. It kindof amazes me. There's been several songs I don't think she'd know the words to and again I'm surprised. She seriously is a sponge. It can be a little scary to think about.
Santa Claus is Coming to Town is still her favorite. The other day we went to story time at the library where they were having a Christmas Party. A movie was on so she didn't really want to do anything else and was actually being quite grumpy about it. While the other kids sang songs and made a craft she just pouted in her chair. I asked her if she wanted to sing santa claus is coming to town, she said yes but refused to actually sing . . . . still frowing all the way. That is until the magic phrase. . . .. she couldn't stay grumpy anymore and let out a smile. The teacher and other parents laughed. little stinker.
When she was in a better mood she let me record her singing. I think she lets me because she likes to watch them herself :)
She is excited for "Santa come to my house! and Bring lots of presents"

1 comment:
That's so cute. I loved hearing her sing. The girls love Santa Clause is coming to town too.
Post a Comment