As stated previously Rylee and I got off the airplane and headed straight to the church for our ward's trunk-or-treat. Any reason to not cook (especially on a travel day) is worth the trouble. So needless to say, we didn't get pictures taken that day, but Rylee enjoyed going car to car for treats. We taught her to sign "candy" and she would sometimes mumble a similar sound. Maybe next year we'll work on the appropriate "trick-or-treat"
We just thought our little gnome was darling - even more so with her fairy buddy.
On Halloween we met up with friends for dinner and the non-traditional - traditional trick or treating. Apparently, in Texas its not standard for every house to pass out candy, so most obliging homes just wait in their driveway/porch on a lawn chair to pass candy to costumed kids (this may be why I felt we didn't get many trick-or-treaters last year - I didn't know the 'rules'). Kindof funny, but hey, that way you don't have to wait for the home-owner to answer their door and can hit up more houses.
Michael came up with the idea to dress my emerging belly as a snow globe. Though a fair amount of people didn't get it. I'll be honest, it was made in a rush and I didn't care to put more effort into it. But its an "Arizona"/ desert theme. Rylee liked to touch the vinyl and shake my belly.
Apparently I didn't get a picture of Michael :( He dressed as an 80's red-neck rocker (metallica/concert cut-off t-shirt and a mullet wig). Though its likely in Rylee's best interest to not have record of the attire. Seeing him with hair REALLY freaked her out. It was quite comical. Maybe she's developed an early onset fashion sense.
It will be a sad day when the candy runs out. Rylee begs for it all day and as long as she eats her meals she usually gets what she wants - what can I say, I'm a sugar junkie too. Suckers were her favorite but chocolate is getting up there. Smarties and sweet tarts get spit out immediately (or don't touch her tounge to begin with).
We had a very Happy Halloween!



2 comments:
Cute little gnome. I thought for some reason you had made that outfit-- but then I saw someone at W's school in the exact outfit and realized you probably got it at your old shop.
Too bad you didn't take a photo of Michael. Sounds hilarious!
Glad Halloween was fun! Rylee did look adorable as a gnome!
Post a Comment