We had a relatively mellow Memorial Day weekend. Since we basically lounged around all day Saturday we decided we'd best get some work done on Monday.
We have a few projects we (who am I kidding, its all Michael) are working on in the yard. One little cutie inparticular enjoyed being hauled around in the wheel barrow.

And here's a shot including some of this years garden. We doubled our square footage this year and its growing leaps and bounds above last year's crop. Its a learning process for me especially WHEN to plant (seriously, like feburary). Our tomato plants are humongeous and producing decently. We've got squash and pole beans starting to come on now. Our corn, zuccini, jalepeno and potatoes are close behind.
That crooked little gopher smile is my favorite.
After all the hard work outside we had to cool down. Rylee thought the sprinkler was pretty interesting.

she didn't even mind when the water was spraying straight down her head. . . . although I think the hat helped.
That crooked little gopher smile is my favorite.
After all the hard work outside we had to cool down. Rylee thought the sprinkler was pretty interesting.
she didn't even mind when the water was spraying straight down her head. . . . although I think the hat helped.
and its rather convenient when you get thirsty too.


We hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, reminicent holiday.
Growing up we always spent Memorial Day visiting cemetaries, honoring those we love who passed on. Being far away, I haven't been to those cemetaries in years, I kindof miss it. Especially Memorial day weekend. There's nothing quite like a blanket of flowers among headstones and flags for those who served in the Military (I know San Antonio has cemetaries, but its not the same). I've been thinking a lot lately about those that serve our country. Their families and loved ones they leave behind. I feel very grateful to them, for all they sacrifice, many their lives, for our freedom. We wouldn't be the Nation we are without them. Our flag flies tall and proud.

1 comment:
Didn't see the sentimental part at the end coming...but amen! Rylee has already had her first wet t-shirt contest! :)
Post a Comment