In
*sort of * keeping the Mother's theme . . . . .
A few weeks ago Michael asked if I'd seen this little number in the front yard:

No, we hadn't moved the compost pile front and center. We discovered it fell from the birds nest 8 feet above it. I got curious (again) and got the ladder out to investigate further. I was surprised by by the uniqueness of the nest. It wasn't your typical 'bowled' birds nest. See that tiny hole? Yea, its on the SIDE of the hollowed out nest. kinda cool right?

I was, however, a little disappointed it wasn't an open nest, making it difficult to see inside. In my efforts to keep my "human scent" far away I zoomed in and shot away. . . . . the more I look at this photo, the more I convince myself that that little 'fluff' in there is indeed a baby bird.

your thoughts? think I'm crazy?
1 comment:
First off I'm glad I'm not the only one who busts our a ladder to investigate bird nests! :)
I do think that is a bird in there.
And that is by far the coolest nest I've ever seen, she must be a fancy, upscale bird who lives in a mansion nest not just a bowl. :) We must have the ghetto birds here who make bowls.
Post a Comment