Wednesday, March 2, 2011

her big day

Rylee in her 'photo-appropriate' Birthday suit!
{I chose this picture because you can really see her top teeth. I like to call them 'daggers'}
When she first woke up we showed her the Birthday banner I made. She thought it was pretty cool. The rest of the day was just like any other. . . . . . until Daddy came home!!! We had a special dinner of fish and sweet potatos.
{I've been trying to be brave and cook fish more - Rylee loves it!}

her cake:
She had a hard time getting past the frosting (it was cream cheese baby, can you blame her?) She gave Michael the stink eye when he poked and revealed the actual 'cake'.

Then she got real mad when he tried to give her part of the twinkie (the butterfly's body)


After we got all cleaned up it was present time.
She's one lucky little lady!
I'm probably most excited for the swing for the tree in our back yard.
We {SHE} is so loved!
Thank you everyone for being a part of our lives and making us feel special.

6 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like it was a good day all around. Very cute cake and I love her little back pack.

Marrott Family said...

I love her face in the picture with all 3 of you! Sooo cute! And I too love the backpack! She IS soooo loved :)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Rylee!! Missing you guys extra right now.

JR said...

I thought you were going to have a 3 ring circus complete with elephant rides and a ferris wheel for her party. How do you sleep at night knowing you neglect your child?

Anonymous said...

That photo of the 3 of ya's is the most darling-est thing! She is too cute. Happy Birthday!

Sara Paul said...

Oh my goodness-that smile! Thanks to Rylee Jack really wants us to have a baby & make it a girl. He needs to get used to disappointment in life.