Sunday, January 2, 2011

white stuff

I suppose it was fitting for Rylee's first Chirstmas to be a white one.
Thankfully, the weather was nice enough (not "bitter", just cold) and by the time we stuffed the whole family in one room together I was wishing I'd packed more short-sleeved shirts.

Rylee is basically the result of a giant experiment, so we had to see what she'd think of the snow.

um, its cold.
Michael's dad got his hands on a couple snowmobiles and we were lucky enough to go out for a couple rides. We had a great time. Michael was a little nervous to let me drive, basing his fears off of previous experience with wave-runners. Not to worry, I'm a much "safer" driver in the snow. I loved the rows and rows of trees, the wild turkeys, pheasants and mostly getting out of the house TOGETHER.

on a trail
father and son.


We even took Rylee out for a little ride.

It was great to spend a week seeing and experiencing the snow, and then getting the heck out of there.

6 comments:

Paige said...

gorgeous pictures of the trees and that picture of Rylee and Michael is really cute...though Michael's hand looks abnormally large in it.

Lisa said...

Super great pics. You make blogging look so easy--we'll see if I succeed at it. Rylee is sooo cute. We missed you all at the New Year's bash. I tried to instruct in Bohnanza, not sure I did it justice. Happy 2011 to all of you!!

Sara Hendricks said...

So cute! I have to agree with you. I'd love to go home and visit the snow for exactly one week...then go back to warm weather.

Marrott Family said...

Wow I had no idea that Wisconsin had so many trees! That looks like so much fun & of course you have the cutest snowbunny that EVER existed! Glad to have a post that doesn't make me cry :)

Valerie and Adam said...

What fun! I sure miss the snow. I also love the picture of Michael and Rylee.

LeslieK said...

I can't stand how cute she is in her snow clothes!!!
Landon wanted to eat the snow too. =)