Monday, August 23, 2010

Rockport TX

This past weekend we decided to have one last hoorah before school started and our/Michael's life was changed dramatically. We went to Rockport Texas - a city on the gulf/bay - and it was wonderful. We invited some friends to join us and stayed in a condo owned by a co-worker of Michaels- seriously, perfection.

We went out one night to a resaurant called The Boiling Pot. They boil your food in a big pot, and just dump it on the table lined with butcher paper to have at it. A bit to much cajun spice for my liking and the fact that the shrimp weren't de-headed before served was rather strange but it was definately interesting. Michael liked it most of all.

the plastic bibs were manditory
diggin into the crab
walking around "down-town" Michael posed w a picture of an ancestor
Daddy teaching Rylee how to drive.
chillin at the house w a doll
They have a little aquarium we went to. For being free it wasn't to shabby. Our favorites there were the sea-horses, seeing 'behind the sences' workings of a salt water tank, and viewing the types of fish we caught when we went deep sea fishing a few years ago with Michael's family.
As we were walking through a few beach shops, as a joke Michael put this hat on my head. Turns out I loved it. . . . . . . its big enough to shade both myself and Rylee - who's the sucker now???
(don't answer that)

The place we stayed had a poll/smaller pool titled hot tub right on the bay. It was really pretty. They had a big fishing pier which was cool, we didn't have the right gear or we would have done some fishing ourselves.

There were a TON of cotton fields between SA and Rockport, it was pretty cool. So on the way back we stopped for a little photo-op :) Rylee was sleeping which is why the photo is sans her.
It was a perfect little pre-vacation vacation get away.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like fun. Now, I'm craving crab.

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

I was trying to figure out the "school starting" comment, since I'm pretty sure neither of you are starting school.

I assume you're speaking of Michael's new calling.

Jared still laughs about that.

Tricia and Michael said...

yup. 5:30 am doesn't come easily at this house.

Valerie and Adam said...

Looks like fun! I loved the hat, too. Good luck with the early hours of seminary! :)

Marrott Family said...

Did you blog on the way home or what??? Looks like fun...Love the new shirt :) And did Rylee change already....I want to kiss her cheeks again!