
So, about three months ago i thought "my dad's does it, why can't I?" I was thinking about how much I loved fresh veggies while living at home and after a member of my ward gave away tomato plants I thought I'd give it a try. Our ballcony gets really good sun so lets give it a whirl right? So, we planted a tomato plant, 2 cucumber, 2 zucchini, 2 squash and one gerber daisy. I was supper excited the day they sprouted from the dirt. And even more thrilled when the sprouts blossomed into flowers. Then I waited and waited and waited- calling my dad every now and then to see what I was doing wrong. Apparently bees don't like my plants (they must have not been pretty enough) and then i gave up and quit watering them. It was a complete waste of time and money for the stupid seeds, and the dirt, and the pots. So I broke down and for the first time in my life I bought a zucchini (it was SOOO good). I'll tell you this, I would have way rather inheritted my dad's green thumb, instead of his stubborness. maybe I'll try again in five years.
5 comments:
does that mean you're pregnant? I say a puppy is not too bad. haha. Hey we were talking about maybe going to the state fair. What's there to do? Since you're the resident expert?
Just remember, we're gated and you're not. You might think you are, but you're not. We know where you live. Don't make me steal your car. We can't wait to bang in the new house.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't inherit the 'yard/garden' gene. Chad was definitely disappointed in my non-green thumb efforts also!!! maybe in 5 years eh? it wouldn't taste as good as dads either though I'm afraid!!!
No worries. We planted to zucchini plants this year--just in case one didn't produce. Well, neither of them did. That's okay. Jason and I actually hate zucchini--what else are you supposed to do?
Is that the garbage mom mailed to you?
Post a Comment