Sunday, March 23, 2008

Working Girl

So, I haven't posted in a while, life has been busy mostly because I am once again, a working girl. I've been looking on and off for a while now and I recently got a job at a local fabric store. The Creative Sewing Center to be precise. It's pretty close to our apartment (about two blocks) and the pay isn't terrible. I was warned but I didn't quite believe them, but the first day on the job was the worst day of my life. My job for 8 hours was to "walk around and look at what we have" that's right for eight hours. I was so bored I wanted to scream, I ended up crying. I will hopefully get my 'scissors' tomorrow. It's kindof a crowning cerimony of sorts :) So, then I will at least be able to cut fabric instead of just look at it :). The plan is to eventually sell the sewing machines. Or possibly move to the internet sales/shipping side because of my previous experience. (which, for the record, I miss terribly) I'm hoping for the warehouse/internet sales, then I wouldn't have to work weekends. Aside from the first day, it has been fun so far and my creative mind is about to explode!! There are so many fun things to make I wish I had the time now to make them- At least now I'll get a discount. It's been nice to be busy and have an excuse for not doing the laundry.

Other than that, life is good. We're trying to keep up with our reality tv obsessions and our church callings (I am YW secretary Michael Teacher's advisor) and life in general. There are lots of fun things to see and do around here and every person we talk to tells us of something else. The latest is a state parks pass. You pay a fee and you get unlimited access to all the state parks in texas for a year (there are quite a few) and 1/2 price camp sites. There are horse races about 20 minutes away and I am DYING to go to a horse race. The thing is, events are so cheap around here if you are over 21 because they make their money off all the drinkers. For instance the internet posted entry to the horse race at $2. Works for me!! So, I think I'm rambling now. . . sorry.

We hope you all have/had a lovely Easter holiday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How boring for some one as talented as you to have to just look at the fabric instead of whip something up that looks AMAZING out of it! I am so sorry about the boredom, but just think.....once you get your scissors you could borrow your hubby's fanny pack to store them in! The fanny pack will make it all worth it :-) Anyway, I'll talk to you soon. Love ya, Aub

ben and nat said...

Are you sure you want us to come again? HOpefully there will be less drama.Thanks so much for helping with the kids, you are the best Aunt ever! Congrats with the new job. We will have to go there,when I come down.

Slades said...

I'm glad you found a job that you are good at and will be a little flexible. You will spend all your money back into the fabric store. I expect to see great things!

Sara Paul said...

Jason listened to your story about the first day of work and wonders why you were surprised that a fabric store could be boring. Do they have a little place for kids to play while their mom's stare a fabric and patterns for hours?